Wordle is a web-based word game developed by Josh Wardle. Players have six attempts to guess a five-letter word.
How to play Wordle
Wordle gives players six chances to guess a randomly selected five-letter word.
To play the game, users begin by entering any five-letter word. The program will then identify whether the word you've entered shares any letters with the correct answer.
Here are some facts about Wordle.
- Over 15% of Wordle's words of the day start with S.
- A, O, R, E, I, L, U, H appear in more than 5% of Wordle words as the second letter.
- 93% of Wordle words have at least one of the letters R, A, I, S, or E.
- Wordle words end in S less than 2% of the time, compared to 31% of the full set of five-letter words.
- Most of answers use three consonants, and two of three vowels each (among A, E, and I).